Health City Cayman Islands
The Health City Cayman Islands (HCCI) team looks forward to serving you and helping you enjoy the healing environment of the Cayman Islands. HCCI is committed to delivering world-class healthcare that is accessible and affordable for all through innovative, internationally staffed and recognized medical centers of excellence. Our centers are characterized by compassionate and exceptional staff, a high quality standard and they reflect a world culture and healing environment that feels comfortable for any guest from around the world.
HEALTH CITY CAYMAN ISLANDS & TREATMENT RELATED CAPABILITIESHealth City Cayman Islands, a 104-bed tertiary care hospital accredited by the Joint Commission Inter-national, USA (JCI) located on Grand Cayman. HCCI accepted its first patient in April 2014 and is a center of excellence in cardiac surgery, cardiology, orthopedics, pulmonary, and pediatric endocrinology. Led by a medical team of 20 doctors from Narayana Health City Bangalore, Health City Cayman Islands will also benefit from consultant specialists and nurses located in Narayana Health City Bangalore, who will be available around the clock to patients in Cayman for additional monitoring, through remote technology.
Health City Cayman Islands will provide the following tertiary-care services:
- Hemophilia factor 8 and 9
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Hepatitis C
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
In addition to the above specialties HCCI offers an internal medicine capability which supports economical access to life saving medications. Due to HCCI’s partnership with Narayana Health in India HCCI is able to obtain high quality medications at a fraction of the cost at which they would be in North America. The Hepatitis C medications are examples of some of these drugs that can be provided by HCCI to North American patients after careful medical review and under on-going monitoring.
ASSIGNMENT OF HCCI CONCIERGEOne member of our team of International Patient Care Coordinators will be your personal point of contact and will be able to assist with all of your travel, transportation & accommodation arrangements. Your patient care coordinator will provide you with a detailed schedule of events, make all appointments for you and escort you to each of those appointments. We are here to make your visit seamless and stress free.
VIRTUAL SESSION WITH YOUR HCCI PHYSICIAN/TEAMYour patient care coordinator will be available to personally answer your non-clinical questions, provide concierge services and coordinate telephonic or virtual consultations between you and your Health City treating physician. The first of these electronic consultations will be arranged prior to your initial visit. This will provide you the opportunity to meet your doctor, discuss your medical situation and ask any questions regarding your treatment plan. All from the comfort of your home.
TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS AND ARRIVAL LOGISTICSYour Health City international patient care coordinator will assist you with all of your travel plans. You will require a valid passport. US Passport holders do not require an entry Visa to visit Cayman. Some passport holders of other countries will require a Visa. If this is the case, our team will arrange for these on your behalf.
- Upon arrival at the Owen Roberts International Airport you will be greeted by an airport representative and provided VIP expedited service as you are escorted through Cayman Islands Immigration, baggage claim and customs procedures.
- As you exit the airport you will be personally introduced to and welcomed by our Health City transportation professional who will transport you to your Hotel or directly to Health City Cayman Islands based on your treatment itinerary.
- Transportation will be provided to and from your hotel to Health City Cayman Islands for any appointments. Once your visit is completed, you will be picked up at your hotel and driven to the airport for your scheduled departure where you will once again receive an escorted VIP escort to your departure gate.
TREATMENT PLAN & SCHEDULE OVERVIEWYour first visit to HCCI will occur over one or two days. During your first appointment, you will complete any additional testing that might be required by your condition or the medication treatment regime that will be prescribed to you. On the same or the next day your HCCI physician will meet with you again to review your medical condition and discuss your personalized treatment plan. After this final consultation you will receive your medications and instructions regarding your dosology and general lifestyle recommendations. You will have time between these two appointments to enjoy Grand Cayman.
DURING YOUR STAYTransportation will be provided to and from your hotel to Health City Cayman Islands for any appointments. While you are in Cayman, your care coordinator will be pleased to arrange activities, water sports, island tours, visits to local attractions like Stingray City, Cayman’s Turtle Encounter, Botanical Park, National gallery, Rum Point & Kaibo. The options are endless. Many of our patients choose to rent a car and explore the island on their own and at their own pace. We can arrange for this too! Cayman is a safe and terrific island to explore. Or, you may wish to simply relax on our world famous Seven Mile Beach and enjoy the crystal clear Caribbean waters. The typical water temperature is between 90-94 degrees Fahrenheit. However you choose to spend your time in Cayman, our international team will be here to assist you.
Day 1 or 2 Plan
- Arrive HCCI and connect with your Patient Care Coordinator
- Appointment with Physician to complete any additional medical reviews needed and discuss both the treatment plan and provide all instructions for specific follow up and education on medications and lifestyle.
- You will receive your prescribed medications and related instructions along with a review of medication “fact sheet”
- Review of treatment plan / discharge instructions to clarify: Future HCCI physician and staff interactions Your specific treatment plan with dates and times for follow-up calls, visits, test results